Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Have all the ingredients for this, so its going to be dinner tonight
Make and share this Rachael Ray Lemon Chicken (30 Minute Meals) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts or 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders, cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons wok oil (preferred brand House of Tsang) or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, 2 turns of the pan (preferred brand House of Tsang)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar (a splash) or 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar (a splash)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth or 1⁄2 cup stock
- 8 ounces prepared lemon curd (1 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced or 20 stalks fresh chives, finely chopped
- Coat the chunked chicken lightly in flour, seasoned with a little salt.
- Heat a large skillet or a wok-shaped nonstick pan over high heat.
- Stir fry chicken until golden, 3 or 4 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pan and return pan to heat.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add a splash of vinegar to the pan and let it evaporate.
- Add stock or broth to the pan and scrape up any drippings with a whisk.
- Thin curd by stirring in a little hot water.
- Add curd to broth and whisk to combine.
- Add chicken back to the pan and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes to thicken sauce and finish cooking chicken pieces through.
- Remove the pan from heat, add the scallions or chives and zest, and toss chicken pieces well to combine zest and scallions or chives evenly throughout the sauce.
- Serve with Rice.
So sweet, yummy and easy, made with lemon curd! I also added half a lemons juice, just to give little more zing and cut the sweetness. Absolutely the best lemon chicken ever!
We loved this!! Very simple to make, and had excellent flavor! I wanted to make just to use up some lemon curd I had in the fridge - did not expect to enjoy it as much as we did - a definite keeper. No changes to recipe - used chives which were great addition for both color and abit of flavor. Thanks for posting!!
My Mom made this for me on my last trip to Cali in March. I just made it for the family tonite. Great! Quick, easy and yummy.