Have all the ingredients for this, so its going to be dinner tonight
Make and share this Rachael Ray Lemon Chicken (30 Minute Meals) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts or 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders, cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons wok oil (preferred brand House of Tsang) or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, 2 turns of the pan (preferred brand House of Tsang)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar (a splash) or 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar (a splash)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth or 1⁄2 cup stock
- 8 ounces prepared lemon curd (1 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced or 20 stalks fresh chives, finely chopped
- Coat the chunked chicken lightly in flour, seasoned with a little salt.
- Heat a large skillet or a wok-shaped nonstick pan over high heat.
- Stir fry chicken until golden, 3 or 4 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pan and return pan to heat.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add a splash of vinegar to the pan and let it evaporate.
- Add stock or broth to the pan and scrape up any drippings with a whisk.
- Thin curd by stirring in a little hot water.
- Add curd to broth and whisk to combine.
- Add chicken back to the pan and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes to thicken sauce and finish cooking chicken pieces through.
- Remove the pan from heat, add the scallions or chives and zest, and toss chicken pieces well to combine zest and scallions or chives evenly throughout the sauce.
- Serve with Rice.
We loved this!! Very simple to make, and had excellent flavor! I wanted to make just to use up some lemon curd I had in the fridge - did not expect to enjoy it as much as we did - a definite keeper. No changes to recipe - used chives which were great addition for both color and abit of flavor. Thanks for posting!!
My Mom made this for me on my last trip to Cali in March. I just made it for the family tonite. Great! Quick, easy and yummy.
wheres the lemon????