1/2 Photos of Rachael Ray Lemon Chicken (30 Minute Meals)
Have all the ingredients for this, so its going to be dinner tonight
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts or 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenders, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons wok oil (preferred brand House of Tsang) or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, 2 turns of the pan (preferred brand House of Tsang)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar (a splash) or 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar (a splash)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or 1/2 cup stock
- 8 ounces prepared lemon curd (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced or 20 stalks fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1Coat the chunked chicken lightly in flour, seasoned with a little salt.
- 2Heat a large skillet or a wok-shaped nonstick pan over high heat.
- 3Stir fry chicken until golden, 3 or 4 minutes.
- 4Remove chicken from the pan and return pan to heat.
- 5Reduce heat to medium.
- 6Add a splash of vinegar to the pan and let it evaporate.
- 7Add stock or broth to the pan and scrape up any drippings with a whisk.
- 8Thin curd by stirring in a little hot water.
- 9Add curd to broth and whisk to combine.
- 10Add chicken back to the pan and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes to thicken sauce and finish cooking chicken pieces through.
- 11Remove the pan from heat, add the scallions or chives and zest, and toss chicken pieces well to combine zest and scallions or chives evenly throughout the sauce.
- 12Serve with Rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rachael Ray Lemon Chicken (30 Minute Meals)
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.2
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Sodium 204.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 37.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of