Recipe by couponmommy123
Just saw this recipe on RR show today. WOW it looks delish. I can't wait to try it.
Top Review by spicy dog
This is a real winner! I doubled the recipe for our family of 5 and had no problems with taste or cooking time. Put a little EVOO on your hands when forming the sliders because the chicken is sticky. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons evoo extra virgin olive oil, plus some for drizzling
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sweet basil, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chicken or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground veal
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped thyme for chicken or 2 tablespoons sage for veal
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 -4 tablespoons sesame seeds, a handful
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmigiano-reggiano cheese, a couple of handfuls
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, very finely chopped
- 1 bunch , burata or 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 8 slider rolls, such as brioche dinner rolls (softer roll) or 8 ciabatta rolls, split (super crusty rolls)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small pot with tight fitting lid heat EVOO, a couple of turns of the pot, over medium heat, add garlic and stir 2 minutes then add tomatoes and cover pot, raise heat a bit and cook tomatoes, shaking the pot occasionally, until tomatoes burst, 8-10 minutes. Mash up sauce with wooden spoon and season tomatoes with salt and pepper. Thicken, uncovered for 2-3 minutes, then stir in basil leaves and turn off heat.
- Meanwhile, season chicken with thyme, salt and pepper or veal with sage, salt and pepper. In a separate dish, combine breadcrumbs with sesame seeds and parm cheese, parsley. Form 8 small patties 3 inches wide and coat in breadcrumbs, gently pressing patties into crumbs to make them stick. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, shallow non-stick skillet or on a non-stick griddle plan over medium to medium-high heat. Cook patties to golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Place a spoonful of soft burata or ricotta on bun bottom. Drizzle cheese with a touch of EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Top soft cheese with a few leaves of arugula, then the patties, then some sauce and bun tops.