Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meal cookbook. I have not tried this yet so Preparation & Cooking time is approximate.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, cutlets
- 1 lb spinach, coarsely chopped (washed 3 times, stems removed)
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, plus
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves (1 crushed, 2 chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- flat leaf parsley, finely chopped (about a handful)
- salt and black pepper
- 1 dash milk or 1 dash half-and-half
- season chicken cutlets with salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning.
- dredge the chicken in flour.
- in a small bowl, beat the eggs and egg yolk with milk or half-and-half.
- heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- add 2 tablespoons of EVOO and 2 tablespoons of butter to skillet.
- when heated add the crushed garlic, fry until aromatic.
- coat the chicken in the egg and milk mixture and fry on both sides for about 7-8 minutes.
- transfer chicken to plate and keep warm.
- add wine to the skillet, reduce for 1 minute.
- add the remaining tablespoon of butter, and parsley to the pan.
- pour sauce over chicken.
- bring skillet back to heat and add remaining 2 tablespoons of EVOO.
- add garlic and saute for about 1 minute.
- add the spinach, toss to coat with the oil, keep tossing until spinach becomes wilted.
- add nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
- server chicken along side the spinach.
- pass crusty bread around.