Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very easy and simple sloppy joe sauce. Much better than the stuff in the store!
Make and share this Rachael Ray Basic Sloppy Joes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon McCormick grill seasoning (or any other grill seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 lb ground meat
- salt and pepper
- Heat pan with olive oil to medium-high heat and cook ground meat 4-5 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic to the pan and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl and stir in with meat in skillet. Add salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
Great recipe! Both my kids are picky and they really liked it. It was a little sweet for my taste so I may cut down on the brown sugar next time.
This was great and used things i had on hand! Used recipe Grill-Seasoning-184558 for the seasoning and it was perfect!
I really love this! So easy to make and the leftovers are fantastic.