In ‘The Book of Burger’ by Rachael Ray
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup ketchup (Heinz Organic)
- 2 tablespoons dill relish
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained and finely chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- kosher salt
- 2 1/2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 6 hamburger buns with sesame seeds, split
- 1 head green leaf lettuce
- sandwich-sliced pickle
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1Make the sauce—in a bowl, stir together the ketchup, relish, chiles, and sour cream; season with salt and pepper.
- 2Make the burgers—in a large bowl, combine the beef, chili powder, coriander, cumin, and Worcestershire sauce; season with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- 3Score the mixture in to 4 equal portions and form 2 thin patties out of each section, creating 8 patties total.
- 4Heat a drizzle of oil in a large skillet or griddle over med-high heat.
- 5Cook half the burgers until browned and cooked through, about 2 minutes on each side.
- 6When you flip the burgers, top each with a slice of cheese.
- 7Set the first batch aside on a plate and cook the remaining burgers.
- 8When the burgers are ready, assemble them in a double-decker style—lay down 4 bun bottoms and top them with some of the sauce, a lettuce leaf, a burger, a couple of pickle slices, and a sprinkle of onion.
- 9Repeat with another layer (using 2 bun bottoms and 2 bun tops) of the same order.
- 10Add some of the sauce to the top buns, too, before you cap off each burger.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rach’s Big Spicy Mac
Serving Size: 1 (689 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1291.6
- Calories from Fat 743
- Total Fat 82.6 g
- Saturated Fat 38.6 g
- Cholesterol 284.3 mg
- Sodium 2212.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 24.3 g
- Protein 74.2 g