Recipe by GotBoxer?
On the weekends when there is a Nascar race on television we try to have an informal family party. We sit in front of the tv watching the race and eating all kinds of snack food (instead of dinner) including this dip, hence the name. We love this on toasted baguette slices.
- 8 ounces frozen spinach, thawed
- 8 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 3⁄4 cups Italian cheese blend, shredded and divided
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 slices bacon, crumbled (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions in butter, adding ingredients while mixing and blending WELL after each addition. Add in this order.
- spinach, cream cheese, sour cream, 3/4 cup italian cheese, artichoke hearts and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Remove from heat and place in a baking dish or individual crocks.
- Top with remaining cheese and broil until brown and bubbly on top.
- Sometimes I will top this with some crumbled bacon if I feel that we need a few more calories ( lol ! ).
- Serve with crackers, toasted baguette slices or tortilla chips.