Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
A TREAT!! A delight, a dream, a fantasy out on a plate, what more can I say about this diwali delight?
For the puas
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup flour
- ghee (for frying)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- saffron strand
- 1 cup khoya
- 1⁄4 cup cashews, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- silver vark (for decoration)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring milk to a boil.
- Keep stirring till reduced to half the qty.
- Add flour.
- Blend well to obtain batter of pouring consistency.
- Add more milk, if needed.
- Boil sugar and water together till the syrup reaches one thread consistency.
- Add saffron.
- Keep aside.
- Grind the mawa, cashews, sugar, cardamom powder and rose water into a paste.
- Heat ghee in a flat frying pan.
- Pour a tbsp of the batter in the pan.
- Fry till done.
- Remove from ghee.
- Similarly make more puas.
- Dip these in the sugar syrup for a minute.
- Put a tsp of the khoya, roll up to form a packet and place on platter.
- Decorate with silver vark.