Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
I loved going to Devghar(a religious place in India) just to have the delectable food items you get only there. One of the items was Rabi which was my favorite. It is simple to make and ingredients are very simple to collect. Just try to make this desert and you can have it at any time
- 8 cups whole milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon crushed pistachios
- Boil the all the milk on a medium flame in a non stick pan.
- Keep an constant eye while it is boiling,so that it does not get scorched and burnt.
- After attaining a thick consistency(when 1/3 quantity is left)mix the sugar.
- Keep stirring.
- When the sugar is dissolved turn off the heat.
- Let is cool.
- Once it is cool,mix the cardamom powder and Pistachio.Keep it in the fridge.
- It can remain fresh for 1 week if you keep it in the fridge in a closed container.
- That is it,enjoy when it is chilled.