An appetizing first course from the flavor center of the universe, Louisiana. Courtesy of Chef Frank Brigsten of Brigsten's Restaurant, featured in The Louisiana New Garde television series. Fresh rabbit is best, but frozen will work just fine. Substitute chicken breasts if your hunter has been unsuccessful or you cannot find rabbit at the store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 5 teaspoons cajun seasoning (Chef Paul Prudhomme's Pork and Veal Cajun Magic, Cajun Seasoning Mix or your own recipe)
- 4 rabbit, tenderloins
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons raw sesame seeds
- 1 bunch spinach, stemmed and very well rinsed
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning (Chef Paul Prudhomme's Vegetable Cajun Magic, Cajun Seasoning Mix or your own recipe)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or 1/4 cup rabbit stock
Creole Mustard Sauce
- 1To make the mustard sauce: Bring the cream to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat; whisk in the mustard and sour cream and simmer for 5 minutes; keep warm.
- 2Mix the flour with 1 teaspoon of the seasoning.
- 3Season each tenderloin evenly with the remaining 4 teaspoons of seasoning.
- 4Heat the oil to 360F in a large skillet.
- 5Coat each tenderloin with the seasoned flour and fry until golden, about two minutes on each side.
- 6Remove from pan and drain on absorbent paper.
- 7Add butter and sesame seeds; let seeds brown for about ten seconds.
- 8Add spinach and vegetable seasoning and cook until wilted, about two minutes.
- 9Add stock and cook for an additional minute.
- 10To serve, place 1/4 cup of warm mustard sauce on each of four plates.
- 11Divide the spinach evenly on each plate.
- 12Make four or five small slices in each tenderloin and place each over a bed of spinach.
- 13Serve with Rabbit Sausage Rabbit Sausage (if you wish to reduce the time and preparation, omit the sausage).
Browse Our Top Rabbit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rabbit Tenderloin With Sauteed Spinach and Creole Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 751.5
- Calories from Fat 613
- Total Fat 68.1 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 84.3 mg
- Sodium 295.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: