1/1 Photo of Rabbit Stew
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Doreen Randal's Note:
Marinating time not included in prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 rabbit, cut into serving size pieces
- 8 ounces bacon, cut into strips
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1In a large shallow bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients together and stir to mix well.
- 2Add rabbit pieces and baste them thoroughly.
- 3Cover the dish and leave to marinate over-night or at least 12 hours.
- 4Remove the rabbit from the marinade and dry on kitchen paper.
- 5Strain the marinade into a jug and reserve. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 6In a flame-proof casserole, fry the bacon strips over moderate heat until they are quite crisp.
- 7Set aside. Add the onions, garlic and carrots to the fat in the casserole and cook them 5 - 6 minutes, or until lightly colored red.
- 8Add the rabbit pieces and turn frequently to brown them evenly and quickly.
- 9Add the reserved marinade to the casserole and bring to the boil.
- 10Remove casserole from the heat, add the bacon pieces and place in the oven.
- 11Cook for 1 hour or until the thigh of the rabbit is tender when pierced with a fork.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rabbit Stew
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.8
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 1098.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: