Recipe by Funda
I took a few recipes here from zaar and combined them and then added my own touches to make this stew.
- 1⁄2 lb rabbit tenderloin, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 slices turkey bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 8 ounces frozen green peas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup red wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in medium sized pot. Add onions and garlic and cook on high heat five minutes, stirring occasionally. Add bacon and cook until browned slightly. Add mushrooms and continue to cook for one minute. Add rabbit pieces and cook 5-8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add salt, pepper and herbs. Pour in wine and cook for five minutes or until wine is reduced.
- Add potatoes and peas and place the lid on the pot. Cook 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.