Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is from an old French cook book and calls for rabbit. I have found that chicken works just as well.
- Cut rabbit or chicken into serving size pieces and sprinkle lightly with kosher salt.
- Heat wide frying pan over medium-low heat. Add olive oil and rabbit or chicken. Brown pieces well on all sides. Set aside.
- Add mushrooms to pan and cook on medium heat, stirring, until lightly browned and all juices have evaporated. remove plan from heat, stir in flour and blend in dry white wine, the onions, parsley, rosemary and garlic. Cover; simmer 45 minutes or until meat is tender when pierced with a fork.
- Melt butter in a frying pan. Add croutons and stir until well coated with butter and lightly toasted.
- Place rabbit/chicken in a shallow serving dish and surround with toasted croutons. Sprinkle with additional chopped parsley or garnish with a spring of rosemary.