Adapted from The Best of James Beard. Serve with glazed white onions and polenta. The original called for only 1/2 clove garlic, but, well, really.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Heat butter in a skillet.
- 3Add rabbit and brown well on all sides.
- 4Place rabbit pieces in a baking dish.
- 5Add garlic, olive oil, wine and Cognac.
- 6Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 7Cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- 8Brown sausages in a skillet.
- 9Add sausages and mushrooms to baking dish.
- 10Bake for 30 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Rabbit Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rabbit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rabbit Nicoise (James Beard)
Serving Size: 1 (694 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1115.0
- Calories from Fat 590
- Total Fat 65.5 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 280.1 mg
- Sodium 1700.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 93.9 g