Recipe by Chocolatl
Adapted from The Best of James Beard. Serve with glazed white onions and polenta. The original called for only 1/2 clove garlic, but, well, really.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (3 -4 lb) rabbit, cut into serving pieces
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 1 1⁄2 ounces cognac
- 6 Italian sausages
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Heat butter in a skillet.
- Add rabbit and brown well on all sides.
- Place rabbit pieces in a baking dish.
- Add garlic, olive oil, wine and Cognac.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Brown sausages in a skillet.
- Add sausages and mushrooms to baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes more.