1/3 Photos of Rabbit in Stilton-Mustard Sauce
2 hrs 20 mins
Chef Shadows's Note:
A wonderful way to serve up rabbit! Cooking times may vary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (2 1/2-3 lb) rabbit, cut up
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh summer savory, leaves or of the dried herbs
- 2 bay leaves, fresh, crumbled or 2 dried bay leaves, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup half-and-half (light cream)
- 1/2 cup crumbled Stilton cheese
- 1In a 9-by-13-inch baking pan, stir together oil, thyme, savory, and bay leaves.
- 2Add rabbit and turn to coat evenly.
- 3Cover and chill at least 1 hour or overnight.
- 4Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 5In a bowl, stir mustard and water until smooth.
- 6Turn rabbit over, then spread top of meat with half of mustard mixture.
- 7Bake, uncovered, in a 375°F oven for 20 minutes.
- 8Turn meat over and spread other side with remaining mustard mixture.
- 9Continue to bake, basting once or twice, until meat is no longer pink in thickest part (cut to test), 25 to 30 minutes more.
- 10Place rabbit on a platter and keep warm. Place pan over medium-high heat and boil, stirring, until juices are reduced to 1/2 cup, about 8 minutes.
- 11Add half and half, whisk until bubbling.
- 12Add all but 2 tablespoons cheese and whisk until melted.
- 13Pour sauce over rabbit; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 14Serve on warmed plates.
Browse Our Top Rabbit Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rabbit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rabbit in Stilton-Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 600.0
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 185.4 mg
- Sodium 718.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 62.8 g