1/5 Photos of Rabbit in Mustard and Thyme Sauce As I Like It!
1 hr 5 mins
This is simple meal. Do not use wild rabbits, but if you do not have rabbits, chicken or turkey can do. It will not be the same (rabbits have better taste and meat structure), but you will be satisfied.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut rabbit meat into portion parts, as if you will do it with chicken. Mix flour, salt and pepper and roll rabbit parts into flour.
- 2Take a frying pan (best Teflon one) put some olive oil and fry rabbit until brownish on all sides.
- 3Add garlic and fry not more than 1 minute. Add wine, thyme, bay leaf. Stir with wooden ladle removing burned parts (if there are any).
- 4Cook on easy fire 45 minutes. Add some chicken stock if necessary. Add mustard, stir and cook about 5 minutes.
- 5The sauce must be dense, but not too much. Serve with mashed potato.
Browse Our Top Rabbit Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rabbit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rabbit in Mustard and Thyme Sauce As I Like It!
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.4
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 117.7 mg
- Sodium 1462.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 46.7 g