Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs rabbit joints
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 onions, quartered
- to taste white pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1 teaspoon French mustard
- Cover rabbit joints with cold water in a large pan, add salt and leave them to soak for 1 hour.
- Then drain and wash joints under a running cold tap.
- Put the joints in a large saucepan with the bouillon cube, onions and about a pint of co ld water to cover, bring slowly to the boil, then add a little white pepper and simmer for 45 minutes or until rabbit is tender.
- To Prepare the Cream Sauce:- Mix cornflour with the cream and mustard, add a little hot stock, and return to the pan and stir until boiling.
- Allow the sauce to simmer 3 minutes, then serve with plenty of freshly boiled rice or creamy mashed potatoes.