3 hrs 30 mins
Rabbit can be dry some times so here it is cooked with belly pork and cyder to create a warming substantial casserole. Reheates well. Serve with mashed potatoes and a green vegetable.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean and slice the vegetables.
- 2Heat the oil in a cast iron casserole or other suitable pot placed on the hob.
- 3Cut the meat into bite sized pieces as you like.
- 4Dust the meat with flour, shake of excess and brown the meat in batches in the hot oil. when each batch has been browned remove to a plate with a slotted spoon, continue until all the meat has been browned and removed from the pot.
- 5To the pot add the sliced vegetables, the herbs (chopped) and the cider and stir. Then add the meat and add enough water so that the contents are almost covered.
- 6Stir well, bring to a simmer, cover and transfer to the oven.
- 7Cook in the oven for 2 and a half to three hours.
- 8Check seasonings and serve with mashed potatoes and a green vegetable.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rabbit and Pork Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.0
- Calories from Fat 331
- Total Fat 36.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 73.2 mg
- Sodium 217.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 17.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: