Recipe by Charlotte J
Rösti is a traditional Swiss dish of fried grated potatoes, a little like a hash brown. Recipe by Sylvie
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
I can't tell you how much we enjoyed this recipe. Just say enough that we've decided this will be a must for our Holiday Breakfast when all our company arrives. It is differant from any method I've ever used so was a little nervous at first to try it. But so glad I did. With this wonderful, clear directions I discovered that this not only taste better than anything I've used before - it's easier to prepare. We are even thinking of adding a little red bell pepper to it next time just for some added color. As it is followed the directions exactly and it was perfect and love the presentation. An yes; the real butter makes a wonderful golden crust. Thanks so much for posting. Made for P-A-R-T-Y event 09.
- 2 1⁄4 lbs potatoes, boiled in their jackets the day before (1kg)
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter (a must)
- 1 -2 medium onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the cooked potatoes and grate them through a coarse grater.
- Slice the onions into thin wedges.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan and add the onions and sweat them until they look glassy and transparent.
- Add the grated potatoes and the salt and stir through.
- Fry while stirring them around in the pan for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Press together to form a flat cake and fry over medium heat until there is a golden crust on the bottom.
- Place a serving platter on the pan and turn the pan upside down, so the Roesti falls on the platter with the crust on top.
- Serve immediately.