Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A hungarian Recipe that's a quick and easy favourite for many Hungarians and made using a variety of meats like Veal,Pork & Fish or using vegetables like Zucchini or cauliflower.The breadcrumbs should be the fine variety you find in a deli,but the big fat golden breadcrumbs will do. Delicious hot with mash potatoes or cold with salad. This recipe may look complicated but its easy peasy.
- 4 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- fine breadcrumbs
- 3 whole eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh garlic (optional)
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- fresh ground black pepper
- sunflower oil
- 2 -3 fresh lemons
- First whisk eggs and add a dash of Salt, Fresh Black Pepper, the Hot and Sweet Paprika, Parsley and the Garlic (optional) to taste in a deep dish .Leave this to meld together - very important .
- Prepare the chicken breasts by washing and add another dash of salt and fresh black pepper and a squirt of fresh lemon and leave this to marinate.
- On a large plate add flour to cover and a little garlic (optional) and mix.
- Next to this put your egg mixture.
- Then put a deep dish filled with the breadcrumbs.
- Fill a deep frying pan with oil to 1 inch deep and heat slowly.
- Coat each piece of chicken in the flour.
- Then dip into the egg and coat both sides.
- Then dip into the breadcrumbs and coat both sides making sure the breadcrumbs are pressed down firmly.
- Then check the oil and put a few pieces in to fry slowly turning to each side at least twice.
- When cooked lift each piece off and allow the excess oil to drip off, place in a dish lined with kitchen roll and squeeze fresh lemon liberally over each piece of chicken
- The whole trick of this is to cook the chicken slowly and not have the oil too hot.