Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A hearty salad from the Minnesota Scandinavian chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1⁄2 lb kippered herring fillet
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup French dressing (French Dressing (Not Catalina Style) or your own recipe)
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 2 eggs, hardcooked and sliced
- Chop herring and vegetables very fine and add seasonings.
- Toss together with dressing and serve with shredded lettuce.
- Garnish with hard cooked eggs.