Recipe by Julia Friedman
This traditional Danish dish is a super simple spin on raw carrots. Whip up a bowl for dinner parties, backyard barbeques, eat is as a snack, or pack some in a lunchbox. This budget-friendly, healthy, and quick dish is a trifecta of culinary wonders.
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and peel the carrots.
- Grate the carrots into a bowl.
- Squeeze the entire lemon and pour over the carrots.
- Then, sprinkle on the sugar.
- If you'd like, add the raisins or pumpkin seeds. (Another option is to serve these in separate bowls on the side so guests can add themselves.)
- Toss to coat.
- Let the carrots sit in the refrigerator for a few hours until they are cold and have absorbed the lemon juice and sugar, then you're ready to enjoy!