Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Walmart 2005 Family Cookbook.
- 2 lbs zucchini (about 4)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F Wash zucchini and cut in half lengthwise. Use small spoon or melon ball spoon to hollow out zucchini halves, leaving 1/4 inch shell. Place, cut side up, in 13x9x2-inch backing pan. Dot with butter slices. Top with tomato slices and mushrooms, if desired. Set aside.
- In large skillet cook sausage until brown. Drain fat. Spoon sausage over vegetables. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bake for 35 minutes or until zucchini is nearly tender. Add cheese.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes more or until cheese is melted and begins to brown. Use slotted spatula to serve.