This fruity drink is a crime of passion and will have you seeing red. It was inspired by RSC#11 ingredients but not entered because there are so many people that don't drink alcohol. It's dedicated to Stephen King. I think the raspberry preserves are a nice substitute for grenadine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons seedless red raspberry preserves
- 3 ounces blood orange juice (I found a bottle at Trader Joe's)
- 1/2 ounce cherry brandy, Kirsberry (optional)
- 1/2 ounce brandy, favorite Cognac
- 1/2 ounce dark rum
- 1/2 ounce Malibu rum, passionfruit
- crushed ice
- club soda, to top
- key lime, to squeeze over top
- fruit sorbet (optional but recommended) or fruit sherbet, to float-use favorite flavor but you might consider a red one (optional but recommended)
- red fruit, to garnish (optional)
- 1In a cocktail shaker, mash together strawberries and raspberry preserves.
- 2Stir in blood orange juice.
- 3Pour in brandy and rum.
- 4Add crushed ice and shake.
- 5Strain into a tall glass (filled with ice or not).
- 6Top with club soda and the juice from a key lime.
- 7Float a scoop of your favorite fruit sorbet or sherbet, if desired. It helps sweeten this slightly tart/bitter drink.
- 8Garnish with red fruits (strawberry, blood orange wedge, cherries, raspberries, etc.), if desired.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for R-E-D-R-U-M Cocktail
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.6
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 28.2 g
- Protein 0.9 g