Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This fruity drink is a crime of passion and will have you seeing red. It was inspired by RSC#11 ingredients but not entered because there are so many people that don't drink alcohol. It's dedicated to Stephen King. I think the raspberry preserves are a nice substitute for grenadine.
- 3 fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons seedless red raspberry preserves
- 3 ounces blood orange juice (I found a bottle at Trader Joe's)
- 1⁄2 ounce cherry brandy, Kirsberry (optional)
- 1⁄2 ounce brandy, favorite Cognac
- 1⁄2 ounce dark rum
- 1⁄2 ounce Malibu rum, passionfruit
- crushed ice
- club soda, to top
- key lime, to squeeze over top
- fruit sorbet (optional but recommended) or fruit sherbet, to float-use favorite flavor but you might consider a red one (optional but recommended)
- red fruit, to garnish (optional)
- In a cocktail shaker, mash together strawberries and raspberry preserves.
- Stir in blood orange juice.
- Pour in brandy and rum.
- Add crushed ice and shake.
- Strain into a tall glass (filled with ice or not).
- Top with club soda and the juice from a key lime.
- Float a scoop of your favorite fruit sorbet or sherbet, if desired. It helps sweeten this slightly tart/bitter drink.
- Garnish with red fruits (strawberry, blood orange wedge, cherries, raspberries, etc.), if desired.
Um WOW!!! I used the optional ingredients plus some haha. This was a very tasty drink! I used a homemade cherry sorbet to kick this up a bit as suggested. It was quite a bit strong so the sorbet helped tame the presence of all of the liquor. Next time I make this I think I will add abit more club soda to top it off with.