Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another weeknight meal thats great tasting and easy to cook.. It has a nice tang to it and its great with wide egg noodles and a veggie of choice. I hope it's enjoyed here.
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless skinless)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup (I use Heinz)
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1 tablespoon hot mustard (I use Mister Mustard)
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2⁄3 cup water
- In a large covered skillet, over medium high heat, melt butter and olive oil and brown chicken breasts on both sides.
- Mix remaining ingredients thoroughly in a bowl and pour over browned chicken.
- Cover and simmer over medium low heat until chicken is tender (about 30 min).
- When done, remove chicken from pan and plate.
- Mix remaining sauce in pan adding water to thin if necessary and pour sauce over chicken. Note: Sauce should reduce by about 1/2 while simmering.