Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
While I don't consider this an everyday meal, it's nice to have on a Saturday night with a good bottle of wine and good friends.. I usually serve this with twice baked potatoes and a Ceaser salad. Tip.. Have all the prep work and ingredients ready before starting steaks
- 2 piece beef tenderloin (about 1 inch thick and 8oz min.)
- 29.58 ml butter
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 14.79 ml peppercorn, crushed
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 29.58 ml brandy
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 14.78 ml water
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 4.92 ml beef bouillon granules (or to taste)
- 2.46 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml dry sherry
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- 4 slice French baguettes, toasted
- In a sauce pan, heat cream to a low simmer.
- Crush peppercorns in a coffee grinder.
- Mix cornstarch and water together.
- Toast French Baguette slices.
- Pat steaks dry with a paper towel and dust with garlic powder and crushed peppercorns pressed firmly into steaks.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt butter and oil, add steaks and sear to medium rare.
- Remove steaks, cover with foil and keep warm.
- Remove skillet from heat and slowly pour in brandy and deglaze pan.
- Add bouillon, lemon juice, wine and salt. Stir to mix well.
- Slowly add cream to pan and mix completely.
- Add cornstarch mixture to thicken as desired.
- Place steaks on toasted baguette pieces and top with cream sauce.