Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Not all that far from many others.. A bit more of the clean citrus taste and a little more tang from the hot sauce and white pepper. I'm not too much of a fan of cilantro, but the dried cilantro leaves work well here without the overpowering taste from the fresh.. Great with Tostitio scoops..
- 4 avocados, Haas
- 4 tablespoons lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 roma tomato, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely diced
- 3 dashes louisiana hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper (to taste)
- Slice avacados, remove pits and scoop out meats in a non-reactive bowl.
- Add garlic and lime juice and mash with a fork.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or more to let flavors blend before serving.
WOW!! My hubby thought this was great - only thing I'll do different next time is leave out the salt. We don't use much salt so I think it won't hurt at all to leave it completely out. Great taste! Made for PAC '10