Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
A neat twist on twice-baked potatoes. This also works with rutabagas (swedes). From the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Cooking time approximate.
- Preheat oven to 400F and wash the potatoes very well.
- Bake until fork-tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, cook the turnips and mash; heat milk.
- Remove potatoes from oven; cut in half lengthwise and scoop out inside.
- Add remaining ingredients and whip until light and fluffy.
- Pile lightly into shells; return to oven for five minutes to brown lightly.
- Garnish and serve.