Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix #SP5 These little tacos are so simple, but so good. The "Simply Potatoes" are a great shortcut for weeknights. Have a few more minutes? Add some sweet onion, strips of green/red/yellow bell pepper, cilantro, and fresh-cut corn to step two. But really, they're a satisfying lunch or dinner as-is!
- light vegetable oil, divided
- 10 -12 corn tortillas
- 2 -3 large poblano peppers, diced
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup queso fresco
- First, cook your corn tortillas per their package directions, either in a bit of oil or in a dry skillet over medium heat so that each side of the tortilla is very lightly golden. Wrap these in foil or a tea towel and keep in a warm place.
- Now cook your taco filling! Heat 2 Tb of oil in the same skillet over medium heat and add your diced poblanos. Heat them for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once they start to get a bit soft and fragrant, add the Simply Potatoes and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, over medium-high heat. Once the potatoes are warm and beginning to turn golden-brown, transfer the mix to a large serving bowl.
- Serve the warm poblano-potato mixture with sour cream and/or queso fresco in the warm corn tortillas.