Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is fantastic. This was posted on a canning list, and this is a definite staple in my fridge. The best thing about it is that you make it, and it keeps in the fridge for up to 2 months. The taste is fantastic!
- 6 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (at room temp)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated romano cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup minced garlic
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- In large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Fold until all is blended.
- Keep refrigerated in mason jars with lids, or in containers with tightly fitting lids.
- To make garlic bread, slice french bread and place on cookie sheet.
- Spoon spread onto bread.
- Toast, bake, or broil until cheese is bubbly and nicely browned.
Made this yesterday and haven't even been able to make garlic bread out of it yet!!! First tried it on crackers; yummy, garlicy, addicting. Then I used someone elses suggestion and mixed it into my meatloaf mixture. The whole house smelled wonderful - my DH even said he could smell it at the end of our street! He thought that was the best meatloaf he ever tasted, even better than his mothers - now thats saying alot! I quartered the recipe since there is only the two of us. Thank you for posting! Can't wait to try it today as garlic toast and leftover meatloaf. 10/20/06 Finally made the garlic bread and it was wonderful. Baked it then broiled it so the cheese was a little toasted. Great garlic recipe.11/15/06 Last night I put this on top of some canned spinach and broiled it, awsome!
Yum! This is so easy and so tasty! I only made 1/4 of the recipe for 2 of us, but now I think that I'll make it again and always have on reserve. Thanks C in PA. Made for Cookbook Tag.
OK, I know how to keep the vampires away! LOL This stuff is great! I reduced the recipe, but I could see making the full recipe up, serving for a dinner with friends and handing them a jar of this on the way out the door! I enjoyed the flavors, and think that the lemon added a bit of brightness. Thanks so much for sharing, C in PA.