Recipe by brose383
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. I have found that on a cold autumn or winter night this is a simple recipe that packs a really robust punch of flavor, but is also not too heavy. It does'nt take much prep time, so its great for busy week nights. Just perfect a green salad, a loaf of bread and a good bottle of wine.
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup yellow onion, sliced
- 6 ounces button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 3 ounces kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, add bacon and cook until edges start to brown and some of the bacon fat is rendered.
- 2. Add the onions and mushrooms and cook until vegetables just start to caramelize, stirring occassionally.
- 3. Add the Simply Potatoes and cook until done, stirring occassionally.
- 4. When the potatoes are cooked though, remove pan from the heat and stir in the kalamata olives.
- 5. Serve while hot.