These are absolutely the chewiest, moistest, fudgiest brownies ever! I have tried adding so many different things to the batter, and they ALWAYS comes out great. They are also great without ANY add-ins! BUT by varying the add-ins, you can make different brownies every week (or day!!) SUPER EASY PREP! So, add "whatever floats your boat" and you will not believe how yummy they come out :) Oh, and the recipe doubles just fine--use a 9 x 13 inch pan instead and add a few more minutes of baking!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT ADDITIONS
- 1 -2 cup chocolate chips (semisweet, white, butterscotch, peanut butter)
- 1 -2 cup raisins
- 1 -2 cup chopped maraschino cherry
- 1 -2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 -2 cup M&M'
- 1 -2 cup Reese's pieces
- 1 -2 cup miniature marshmallow
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8 inch square pan or line with foil.
- In a medium bowl combine melted butter and cocoa and stir until cocoa is dissolved.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time and stir until well combined.
- Stir in vanilla, flour and salt until you no longer see any flour (do not overmix).
- Fold in "WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT"!
- Spread in pan and bake for approximately 25 minutes.
- DO NOT OVER-BAKE -- your brownies will come out dry. Adjust time/temp accordingly for your oven. If you do the knife/toothpick test, it should come out with moist crumbs, not clean.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.
- For vegetarian omit the marshmallows.
- For double recipe, bake in 9x12 pan and add 5 minutes to baking time.