Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are absolutely the chewiest, moistest, fudgiest brownies ever! I have tried adding so many different things to the batter, and they ALWAYS comes out great. They are also great without ANY add-ins! BUT by varying the add-ins, you can make different brownies every week (or day!!) SUPER EASY PREP! So, add "whatever floats your boat" and you will not believe how yummy they come out :) Oh, and the recipe doubles just fine--use a 9 x 13 inch pan instead and add a few more minutes of baking!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT ADDITIONS
- 1 -2 cup chocolate chips (semisweet, white, butterscotch, peanut butter)
- 1 -2 cup raisins
- 1 -2 cup chopped maraschino cherry
- 1 -2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 -2 cup M&M'
- 1 -2 cup Reese's pieces
- 1 -2 cup miniature marshmallow
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8 inch square pan or line with foil.
- In a medium bowl combine melted butter and cocoa and stir until cocoa is dissolved.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time and stir until well combined.
- Stir in vanilla, flour and salt until you no longer see any flour (do not overmix).
- Fold in "WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT"!
- Spread in pan and bake for approximately 25 minutes.
- DO NOT OVER-BAKE -- your brownies will come out dry. Adjust time/temp accordingly for your oven. If you do the knife/toothpick test, it should come out with moist crumbs, not clean.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.
- For vegetarian omit the marshmallows.
- For double recipe, bake in 9x12 pan and add 5 minutes to baking time.
I made a batch with reese's chips, one with heath bits, and one with mint chips for Christmas goodies. Of course I had to try them all and YUM!! The one in the metal pan was a lot more cooked (and dryer) than the batch in the glass pan (very Moist).
This is a dangerous recipe to have around. I have snuck back out of bed to go have just one more. I dare say you will too.
I will no longer buy boxed brownies! So great! My hubby doesn't like extra stuff in his but I snuck 1/2 c. of mini choc chips anyway and we always sprinkle powdered sugar on top of brownies. They are so great, baked in a glass pan they were super moist even though I forgot to cover them, they were still moist and awesome the next day! When he is gone I going to load them with marshmallows and crushed graham crackers for a smores like brownie! Thank you for posting...MAKE THESE BROWNIES!