Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I've posted this after a request from another member. I've never tried it but I do trust where the recipe came from, Charmaine Solomon.
- 500 g fish steaks (kingfish, tuna, Spanish mackerel, mullet)
- 4.92 ml ground turmeric
- 4.92 ml salt
- oil (for frying)
- 1 large onion (roughly chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 9.85 ml fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 29.58 ml oil
- 14.79 ml ceylon curry powder (recipe 305276)
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- salt (to taste)
- 473.18 ml coconut milk
- Wash and dry fish well and rub all over with turmeric and salt.
- Cut each steak into serving pieces.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the fish until golden brown on both sides.
- Put onion, garlic, ginger and tomato in container of electric blender and blend to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and fry the blended ingredients for a few minutes, until oil begins to separate from the mixture.
- Add curry and chilli powders and about a tsp of salt, the coconut milk and bring to the boil, stirring.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the fish and simmer for 10mins.
- Serve with rice and accompaniments.