Lou van's Note:
I've posted this after a request from another member. I've never tried it but I do trust where the recipe came from, Charmaine Solomon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g fish steaks (kingfish, tuna, Spanish mackerel, mullet)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- oil (for frying)
- 1 large onion (roughly chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon ceylon curry powder (recipe 305276)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt (to taste)
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1Wash and dry fish well and rub all over with turmeric and salt.
- 2Cut each steak into serving pieces.
- 3Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the fish until golden brown on both sides.
- 5Put onion, garlic, ginger and tomato in container of electric blender and blend to a smooth paste.
- 6Heat oil in a saucepan and fry the blended ingredients for a few minutes, until oil begins to separate from the mixture.
- 7Add curry and chilli powders and about a tsp of salt, the coconut milk and bring to the boil, stirring.
- 8Simmer for a few minutes.
- 9Add the fish and simmer for 10mins.
- 10Serve with rice and accompaniments.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "thakkali Malu" Sri Lankan Fish Curry With Tomato
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.8
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 24.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 666.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: