Listened to the French radio today and heard this rather fantastic idea of revisiting this old recipe and making a "Tatin" with the famous tomatoes mozarella dish! Here it is. For more recipes visit: http://frenchfoodle.blogspot.co.uk/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree Celsius.
- 2Cut the tomatoes in half with the stalk at the top and empty the seeds and juice.
- 3In a Tatin dish (or ceramic dish) pour some olive oil in the bottom and put the tomatoes head down side by side, quite tightly. Add a bit more olive oil on the top with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar.
- 4Put the dish in the oven for 30 minutes or until cooked.
- 5Pierce the puff pastry a lot! And lay it on the tomatoes folding the sides as much as you can.
- 6Put back in the oven for 30mins and meanwhile, cut the mozzarella in slices.
- 7Take the dish out of the oven and lay the mozzarella on top when the tomatoes are still hot (you can put the dish back in the oven a little bit to help the mozzarrella to melt, but not too much to keep a nice appearance).
- 8Finish with the basil and eat warm or cold.
- 9Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "Tatin of Tomatoes Mozzarella"
Serving Size: 1 (605 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1198.4
- Calories from Fat 801
- Total Fat 89.0 g
- Saturated Fat 29.5 g
- Cholesterol 98.9 mg
- Sodium 1065.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 38.6 g