Recipe by Wildflour
I've had LOTS of people ask for this recipe...there are similar ones, but this is how I make it.
Top Review by Sharon123
I really enjoyed this saLad! I sauteed the ramen noodles until they turned a nice golden color. I used the food processor to shred the cabbage. Thanks Kelly, for a great salad!
- 85.04 g package chicken-flavored ramen noodles, crunched up into tiny pieces
- 59.16 ml butter
- 1.23 ml seasoning, packet save rest, set aside
- 340.19 g bag coleslaw mix (can use whole bag if desired)
- 118.29 ml sunflower seeds
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced small
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 59.14 ml vinegar
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- 1.23 ml seasoning, packet save last of it for another use
Directions See How It's Made
- In frying pan, melt butter. Add ¼ teaspoons seasoning and noodles. Saute 2 minutes, stirring. Set aside on paper towel. In lg. bowl, combine coleslaw mix, kernels, green onions and red bell pepper. Toss, cover and refrigerate.
- 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving make dressing:.
- In small bowl, whisk rest of ingredients (except noodles) well til syrupy. Pour over salad, stir well, and refrigerate. Just before serving, stir in noodles.
- *Sub or add toasted slivered or chopped almonds in place of or in addition to sunflower kernels.
- **For a complete "One-Dish" lunch or meal, stir in 2-3 cups cooked, diced chicken.