Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
I've had LOTS of people ask for this recipe...there are similar ones, but this is how I make it.
- 1 (3 ounce) package chicken-flavored ramen noodles, crunched up into tiny pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning, packet save rest, set aside
- 0.75 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix (can use whole bag if desired)
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced small
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning, packet save last of it for another use
- In frying pan, melt butter. Add ¼ teaspoons seasoning and noodles. Saute 2 minutes, stirring. Set aside on paper towel. In lg. bowl, combine coleslaw mix, kernels, green onions and red bell pepper. Toss, cover and refrigerate.
- 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving make dressing:.
- In small bowl, whisk rest of ingredients (except noodles) well til syrupy. Pour over salad, stir well, and refrigerate. Just before serving, stir in noodles.
- *Sub or add toasted slivered or chopped almonds in place of or in addition to sunflower kernels.
- **For a complete "One-Dish" lunch or meal, stir in 2-3 cups cooked, diced chicken.
I really enjoyed this saLad! I sauteed the ramen noodles until they turned a nice golden color. I used the food processor to shred the cabbage. Thanks Kelly, for a great salad!