Prep 5 mins
Cook 60 hrs
This is a recipe from Bon Appetit February 2012. It takes supermarket buttermilk and elevates it to a Liquid Gold level. Chill time is cook time.
- mason jar
- 1⁄2 cup cultured buttermilk (from the supermarket, acts as a starter)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Mix all ingredients in the mason jar.
- Cover jar.
- Let stand in a warm place until the buttermilk thickens and coats the side of the jar when tipped.
- This will take 24-36 hours.
- Keep chilled for up to 2 weeks.