1/6 Photos of "Grilled Cheese"
April Fool the kids and have a good laugh yourself!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices poundcake (store bought is great)
- 1 cup white frosting (canned is fine)
- yellow food coloring
- red food coloring
- 1Cut the pound cake into bread-like slices.
- 2Toast them in a toaster oven or carefully in the toaster,just until they turn golden brown.
- 3Cool for a few minutes.
- 4Stack two slices for each sandwich and cut the stack in half diagonally (slicing the sandwich before you fill it makes for fewer crumbs).
- 5Tint the frosting by stirring in a few drops of yellow and red food coloring (more yellow than red) to get a shade of orange that resembles American cheese.
- 6Carefully spread frosting between the slices of each half sandwich.
- 7If you mound the frosting on one slice, then top it with the other and gently press down, the frosting will ooze out a bit and look all the more like melted cheese.
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "Grilled Cheese"
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1235.7
- Calories from Fat 457
- Total Fat 50.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 132.6 mg
- Sodium 680.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 192.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 151.4 g
- Protein 3.3 g