Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
From "The Good Carb Cookbook", posted for safe-keeping. Prep time includes allowing tomato mixture to sit for 30 min.
- 3 cups diced fresh tomatoes or 3 medium fresh tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 -2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces fettuccine or 8 ounces linguine
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Combine the tomatoes, basil, olive oil, garlic, black pepper and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Toss to mix well and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Cook the pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot. Add the tomato mixture to the pasta and toss to mix well. Serve immediately, topping each serving with a tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese.