1/2 Photos of "gobble-Up" Turkey Cottage Pie
1 hr 20 mins
Chef Cindee, CA's Note:
I developed this recipe to use ground turkey, which I love. It lends itself very well to OAMC & is kid-friendly. Great for potlucks or to take to a family when Mom is ill or new baby at home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled & quartered
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons turkey base (Penzey's) or 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 cup peas
- 1In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook potatoes until fork tender. Drain & pour back into hot pot. Add cream cheese, butter, milk & salt & mash well until potatoes are fluffy. Cover pot & keep potatoes warm.
- 2Meanwhile, while potatoes are cooking, in a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, celery & carrot & cook, stirring, until vegetables begin to soften. Crumble ground turkey over vegetables & cook until meat loses it's pink color.
- 3Sprinkle flour over cooked turkey & stir to combine. Dissolve turkey base in the boiling water & stir into meat. Simmer, stirring, about five minutes, until mixture thickens slightly.
- 4Pour meat filling into a 2-3 quart casserole & sprinkle peas over. Carefully spread warm mashed potatoes over filling, sealing potatoes to edge of dish.
- 5Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, until heated through & bubbly at edge of dish. Remove from oven & sprinkle cheese on top. Bake an additional 5 minutes, just until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "gobble-Up" Turkey Cottage Pie
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.1
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 133.5 mg
- Sodium 634.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 33.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: