Recipe by thebosslady825
Must. Love. Garlic......and mayo. We made this spread to put on homemade Chicken Club sandwiches. This is a great base recipe that could have some of the garlic toned down and other seasonings and flavors added to create your own sandwich spread. This, as written, would be "Garlic Flavored Garlic" mayo and makes a great substitute for "plain mayo" in other recipes such as breaded chicken cutlets (in lieu of flour and egg method.) Please feel free to share your additions to and uses for this mayo if you liked it! Enjoy!
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 cup prepared mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk minced garlic with red wine vinegar and olive oil. Slightly mash the garlic with the whisk as you combine.
- Whisk in the rest of the seasonings until well combined.
- Add the mayonnaise and stir well.
- Cover the bowl and allow to sit for a minimum of 1 hour in the fridge, allowing flavors to meld.
- Give one more good stir before spreading on sandwiches or using in place of "plain mayo" in other recipes.