Recipe by Malriah
C'mon, admit it! At some time in your life, you have eaten "Hamburger Helper." I know that it was a staple in our house when I was a kid. The little talking glove is comforting in a twisted kind of way. :o) Anyway, this recipe looks like Hamburger Helper, but tastes much better. Sure there are recipes out there that are probably better for you or tastier but when you are trying to eat quickly AND on a budget, this recipe is a MUST.
Top Review by Darlene Summers
Kari, This was a delicious meal for both my husband and I,We actually enjoy a hamburger helper dinner once in a while,(when we feel a little lazy),but this is actually a real comfort food,and is as easy as hamburger helper.Thanks Kari for a great recipe. Darlene
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 304.75 g can cream of potato soup
- 414.03 ml milk
- 1 stalk celery, chopped fine
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 2 green onions, chopped fine
- 118.29 ml frozen peas
- 118.29 ml frozen corn
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 1.23 ml onion powder
- 453.59 g egg noodles, uncooked
- 118.29 ml warm water
- 44.37 ml grated parmesan cheese, cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef, along with garlic, celery and green onions.
- Add cream of potato soup and milk and bring just to a boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer and add Worcestershire sauce, pepper and onion powder.
- In a pot of boiling water, cook egg noodles HALFWAY;about 5-6 minutes.
- Drain noodles and add to skillet with ground beef mixture.
- Add peas, corn,cheese and water and stir well.
- Allow to simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.