Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
C'mon, admit it! At some time in your life, you have eaten "Hamburger Helper." I know that it was a staple in our house when I was a kid. The little talking glove is comforting in a twisted kind of way. :o) Anyway, this recipe looks like Hamburger Helper, but tastes much better. Sure there are recipes out there that are probably better for you or tastier but when you are trying to eat quickly AND on a budget, this recipe is a MUST.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of potato soup
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 stalk celery, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 green onions, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 lb egg noodles, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, cheese
- Brown ground beef, along with garlic, celery and green onions.
- Add cream of potato soup and milk and bring just to a boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer and add Worcestershire sauce, pepper and onion powder.
- In a pot of boiling water, cook egg noodles HALFWAY;about 5-6 minutes.
- Drain noodles and add to skillet with ground beef mixture.
- Add peas, corn,cheese and water and stir well.
- Allow to simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Kari, This was a delicious meal for both my husband and I,We actually enjoy a hamburger helper dinner once in a while,(when we feel a little lazy),but this is actually a real comfort food,and is as easy as hamburger helper.Thanks Kari for a great recipe. Darlene
Well, I asked for good, quick, kid friendly dishes, and I got one. This was enjoyed by myself and all of my kids, which makes it a 5 star in my book, for I have some picky eaters. It was easy to make, and tasted great! I added the liquid that the recipe said, but I let it sit in the skillet for a few minutes after it cooked, and it thickened up just fine for me. This has been added to my "I will make frequently file". :)Thanks, Kari, for recommending this!
Definitely good for those of us on a budget and quite tasty. I would recommend slightly less liquid so sauce can thicken more (depends on preference though).