1/4 Photos of "crabby" Bread!
This is SO CUTE!!! Place "crab" onto lettuce-lined platter with mound of your favorite crab dip, surround with shells and crackers if desired! GREAT for parties, picnics and BBQ's!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For the body, join 2 rolls together and press into a flat football shape. Place body on a large sprayed baking sheet.
- 2With the next roll, cut enough dough off to form 2 small eyes. Roll each piece into a round ball and place on front of body. To secure eyes, stick a small piece of toothpick in each ball and then stick it into the body.
- 3Cut the rest of the roll in half to form 2 arms. Place each arm to the side of the eyes but before the ends of the body.
- 4Cut another roll in half to form 2 claws. Then cut each claw off-center almost in half and place at the end of each arm, putting the small part of the claw closest to the body. Roll the last roll into a 12-inch rope. Divide rope into 6 equal lengths for the legs. Arrange 2 legs curving forward and 1 leg curving back on each side. Tuck legs slightly under the body.
- 5Brush crab with melted butter, cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise for 30-45 minutes, or til doubled. (I let mine rise for 1 hour, but 45 minutes would've been perfect, mine looked kinda fat, haha!).
- 6Brush crab with beaten egg and sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- 7Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- 8Toothpick olive halves onto ends of eyes of dough. Cut-side facing outward.
- 9Place crab onto lettuce-lined platter.
- 10Place mound of your favorite crab dip between claws.
- 11Surround with decorative shells (or oysters on the half shell), crackers and fresh dill sprigs if desired!
- 12I made this for me and my hubby for a "special treat" lunch! I'm allergic to crustaceans, so we had it with my lemon-dilled tuna salad and had a ball! It was so much fun tearing off the pieces and spreading them with tuna, instead of the plain 'ol plain 'ol tuna sandwiches!
- 13You could make a nice seafood appetizer platter with this, too! Shrimp cocktail and fried oysters would be a great addtion! (A nice mix of hot and cold!).
- 14Hope ya try it! :) It's really easy! And FUN!
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "crabby" Bread!
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 43.8
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 60.5 mg
- Sodium 37.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Rhodes frozen rolls
pimento stuffed olives