Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
the imitation crab helps the cholesterol count
- 12 ounces fresh baby portabella mushrooms
- 6 ounces imitation crabmeat
- 3 scallions, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika, for topping
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated, for topping
- 1 dash black pepper
- olive oil
- Combine crab in a medium bowl with onions, oregano, thyme and pepper.
- Add mayonnaise and 1/4 cup of cheese and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean, dry and stem mushrooms; discard stems.
- Scoop out and discard gills.
- Fill mushrooms with the crabmeat mixture.
- Brush olive oil on mushroom caps; place stuffed caps on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle with 3 Tbsp cheese and paprika; bake for 15 minutes and serve.