Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Not sure what to call them in English. But in Serbian it's "Chivapchichi". Basically it's like a hamburger but shaped like a sausage link. Great on the grill and the way to eat them is like a Serb.... chop up some onion salt it slightly and enjoy! Greeks make it with lamb but we use a combination of beef, pork and veal. I've listed only beef, but if you can find the trio pack use that.
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion
- 2 large eggs
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- Chop your onion and mince your garlic. In large bowl add ground meat, onion and garlic and the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix well and take about a golf ball size in both hands and roll to form small sausage shaped links; about 2 inches long and 1/2 inch thick.
- You can either grill them outside or do them in the broiler. Just make sure to spray your grill racks with non-stick spray and once one side is nicely light brown turn over.
- Once both your sides are lightly browned, you can use your spatula to just move them around without them falling apart. They should be nicely browned not burned.
- You can serve as a appetizer with some hot sauce or as a main dish (Make sure to just make enough). Serve with a nice tomato, pepper salad and you're good to go.