2 hrs 10 mins
From "Extreme Lo-Carb Meals on the Go", Sharron Long. I love this book and the recipes are practical, creative and real. The author writes that pork is the preferred preparation, but any cut of meat can be used. In my scale of 1 to 5, this is a 6+! This is excellent in low-carb taco shells or tortillas for enchiladas. The author even recommends it in a bowl, topped with sour cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut meat in pieces.
- 2Place all ingredients except the lime juice & Hot chili oil into a large pot with a lid.
- 3Bring to a slow boil, then reduce heat so it is just bubbling.
- 4Skim off any foam that rises to the surface.
- 5be sure meat remains completely covered in broth for the entire cooking time, adding more liquid if necessary.
- 6Cook, covered until the meat begins to fall off the bones, about 1 1/2 hours for chicken and up to 4 hours for beef. Toward the end of cooking time, add the lime juice & hot chili oil.
- 7Transfer pot to the refrigerator & allow it to cool until the fat rises to the top & becomes a hard layer (usually takes over night).
- 8Remove the fat and place the pot on the stove top;.
- 9warm until the meat is workable.
- 10Remove the bones & other inedible parts & shred the meat, returning it to the broth so it will stay moist.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "Carne" Quick & Easy
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.6
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 101.3 mg
- Sodium 88.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 29.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot chili oil