Recipe by teresas
This is out of the "Biggest Loser" Cookbook 140 calories, 18 g protein, 13 g carbohydrates, 5 g fat, 30 mg cholesterol, 8 g fiber, 480 mg sodium. Please take the advice from SJMittens and increase the spices, especially if you enjoy spicy food.
Top Review by ElizabethKnicely
I had to use Tilapia because there is nowhere around here to find orange roughy or red snapper...I also doubled the recipe and instead of 2 tsp of the spices I used 1 TBSP because of one of the other comments saying that it was a little bland. We loved this recipe. It's a great way to make a lower fat taco and get fish into my family. Thanks for this easy and tasty recipe TeresaS. Made for Rookie Recipe Tag.
- 1 lb skinless fish fillets, orange roughy or 1 lb red snapper
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 8 tortillas, whole grain high fiber or 8 stoneground corn tortillas
- 1⁄2 avocado, diced and lightly mashed
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheese, low fat Mexican or 1⁄3 cup monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- hot sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the fish: Place the fish in a shallow baking dish and sprinkle with the lime juice, paprika, salt, black pepper, and chill powder (if desired).
- Cover, refrigerate, and marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (or preheat the oven to 375 degrees).
- Lightly coat a 24' X 12" piece of foil with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place the fish in a single layer in the center of the foil.
- Fold the foil over the and fold the ends upward to seal in the fish.
- Place the foil packet on the preheated grill.
- Cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or until the fish is opaque.
- Remove from the grill.
- To assemble the tacos: Warp the tortillas in foil and place them on the grill to warm for 2 minutes.
- Spread about one-eighth of the mashed avocado on each tortilla and top with one-eight of the the fish.
- Sprinkle each with cheese, salsa, cilantro, cabbage, and hot sauce, if desired.