1 hr 15 mins
The Fat Man's Note:
This pound cake is simple to prepare, and can be put together very quickly. It is wonderful when still warm from the oven, or toasted the next day with butter slathered onto it. Exellent with berries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour large bundt pan.
- 2Spoon flour into measuring cup, add to sifter and when all 3 cups are added, sift.
- 3Combine flour, sugar and baking soda in mixer bowl of standing mixer (hand-held OK if that is all you have) and mix on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- 4In separate bowl, lightly beat eggs, then add buttermilk and flavorings and mix.
- 5Add softened butter and 1/3 of wet mixture to dry ingredients, and mix on medium speed until ingredients are just moistened.
- 6Scrape bowl down, then beat on high for 1 full minute, turning bowl several times and scraping down sides at least once.
- 7Add remainder of wet ingredients in 2 additions, beating about 30 seconds after each addition.
- 8Remove mixer bowl, scrape any batter off beaters into bowl, and with rubber spatula mix batter a few turns to insure that it is well mixed.
- 9Pour batter into prepared pan, and firmly tap pan on counter top to pop any bubbles in the batter.
- 10Place on middle rack of preheated oven and cook until done, about 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- 11If cake bakes longer than 50 minutes, you can butter a piece of foil and lay on top to avoid overbrowning.
- 12Don't fret if top splits in a circle concentric to the pan -- that is proper for this cake.
- 13When done, remove to wire rack; cool for 5 minutes, then invert pan and remove (may need to loosen edges with thin knife).
- 14Do not cover until cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "Best Ever" Buttermilk Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.2
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 118.9 mg
- Sodium 124.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 51.1 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: