Recipe by Pets'R'us
Treat yourself and also make this as a gift. I did not give amounts of the fragrance oil, just add them by "smell" Use the layering technique, don't make it too wet with the oils because the layers will become the same color then, or just mix it all together. The salts will have a light golden brown color.
- 6 cups sea salt
- 1 cup baking soda
- apple fragrance oil
- cinnamon fragrance oil
- vanilla fragrance oil
- 2 -3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the salt and the baking soda in a large glass bowl, mix well, add the fragrances.
- If you want to layer the salt in jars take half of the salt out and put in another bowl so that stays white.
- Add the cinnamon to the other half and mix well.
- Cover the bowl and leave for an hour.
- Uncover and take a good sniff, you can adjust the smell and add some more fragrance.
- Put in jars, when layering, slightly tilt the jar, scoop a few spoonfulls white, then the cinnamon and so on.
- Top the lid with nice wrapping paper or cotton, tie a string around and attach a label.
- Use several spoonfulls for a bath.